BIBF offers its Master Degree programmes in partnership with US-based DePaul University, the 12th largest private, not-for-profit University in the United States. Its Kellstadt Graduate School of Business fully accredited by the Association to Advance collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) and ranks sixth in the Excellent Business School category among U.S. institutions, based on an international survey of 1,000 business school deans conducted by Eduniversal, a Paris-based education consulting organisation.
The Master of Science in Human Resources (MSHR) allows the flexibility to facilitate career changes into HR from other functional areas in both the public and private sectors. The Kellstadt Graduate school of Business is fully accredited by AACSB International – the Association to Advance collegiate Schools of Business.
DePaul’s MSHR programme will prepare you to take full advantage of many job and career pathing opportunities. HR professionals help organisations strategically meet workplace challenges including employee attraction and retention, diversity, the global economy, mergers & acquisitions, new technology systems, incentives for improving human performance, restructuring, employee ownership, total rewards and performance management. Some of the career opportunities available to individuals with educational preparation at the master’s degree level include Compensation & Benefits Consultant, Trainer, HR Analyst, Recruiter, Labour Relations Professional, and HR Director.
The DePaul MSHR programme is recognised by the Bahrain Higher Education Council (HEC).
Human Resources professionals help organizations strategically meet workplace challenges including employee attraction and retention, diversity, the global economy, mergers and acquisitions, new technology systems, incentives for improving human performance, restructuring, employee ownership, total rewards and performance management. Some of the career opportunities available to individuals with educational preparation at the master’s degree level include Compensation and Benefits Consultants, Trainer, HR Analyst, Recruiter, Labour Relations Professional, and HR Director.
With DePaul University’s Master of Science in Human Resource Management, you can:
- Enter or advance in Human Resources or related fields
- Join professional bodies and societies of Human Resource Management such as the Arabian Society of Human Resource Management and the Bahrain Society for Training and Development
- Develop knowledge and skills in:
- Core HR functions
- Related areas such as managing people, psychology, law, and economics
- Business or public administration functions
- Individual applicants shall be evaluated based on a review of all prior academic work, work experience, record of career progression, and their English-language verbal and quantitative skills. An applicant is expected to possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a regionally or nationally accredited institution and a minimum of five years of work experience subsequent to reciept of the undergraduate degree. Any applicant who does not meet these expectations shall receive a high level of scrutiny to determine whether their English- language and quantitative skills are adequate to support their successful completion of the program.Evidence of an applicant’s prior academic work shall include an official transcript from all degree granting institutions. Evidence of the applicant’s prior work experience and career progression shall include a resume or curriculum vitae, in sufficient detail to allow for independent confirmation of the facts presented.
An applicant’s English language verbal skills may be evidenced by an existing degree from an English language university or an acceptable score on the TOEL, IELTS, or the verbal section of the GMAT.
An applicant’s quantitative skills will be assessed through a math proficiency test authorized by DePaul University, unless an acceptable score on the GMAT has already been achieved.
- Completion of DePaul’s Kellstadt Graduate School of Business application for admission.
- The equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognised academic institution.
- Official transcripts from each undergraduate, graduate and professional school attended.
- TOEL or IELTS demonstrating English Language Proficiency.
- Math proficiency test: Charge of BD10 non-refundable
- At least one reference letter from employer and/ or professor (in English Language).
- Resume (in English language)
- Typed personal statement (stating reason for applying to Depaul)
- Application Fee BD 30 is required at the time of applying: non-refundable
- BD 10 late fee for processing any application received after the posted deadline.
- Three passport photos, one copy of passport & CPR.
Duration 2 Years
Lectures Mix of experienced full and part time lecturers
Dates February 2017