Follow a manual added link
Bachelors and Masters Programmes
Follow a manual added link
Focused Training Programmes
Follow a manual added link
Follow a manual added link
Customised Corporate Training
Customised Training & Development Solutions
Research & Publications
Key publications by BIBF Faculty
- Aloraibi, M., Karam, A. ., & AlSorani , A. . (2022). Would the Professional Training Sector Take the Advantage of the Virtual Environment that Was Presented Forcefully by COVID-19?. The Journal of Quality in Education, 12(20), 52-68
- Askar Z., Raghavan S. & Suresh C. (2022). Green Crimes and Sustainable Trade Finance. ACAMS TODAY.
Dr. Vijayalaxmi Moovala
- Bank Marketing-A Long Way to Go
- Grievance Handling
- Practising the Axioms of Man Management
- Corporate Motivators
- ‘Award winning leadership- A case study of Saudi Chamber of Commerce’ In Warrick, D.D. and Mueller, Jens (Eds), Lessons in leadership: Learning from real world cases. Chicago: Rossi – Smith, 2012
- ‘Leading in changing times – A case study of Al-Salam Bank Bahrain’In Warrick, D.D. and Mueller, Jens (Eds), Lessons in leading change: Learning from real world cases. Chicago: Rossi – Smith, 2012.
- ‘HRM in the Kingdom of Bahrain’ in the conference paper – HRM in the GCC – A New World HR for the New World Economy: In collaboration with Oxford Strategic Consulting – UK, 2013
- Talent management in Islamic retail banks: Kingdom of Bahrain’ – The Journal of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance – Bank Quest – Vol. 85, No. 3, July-September 2014
- Human resources practices in banks incorporated in Kingdom of Bahrain’ – Journal of Management Policies and Practices, American Institute for Policy Development, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 97-112, September 2014
- “Career orientation of employees in Islamic banks: Kingdom of Bahrain – Journal of European Scientific Journal, June/July 2016”
- The Digital Leadership Competency Framework – globally copyrighted
- Case Study 1: A Salutation That Won Hearts’ – IIUM Journal of Case Studies in Management, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 1-9, 2010
- Challenges and Benefits of ‘Work from Home’ for Employees in the Kingdom of Bahrain’ – Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal, Vol. 7, No. 10, pp. 269-279, October 2020
Dr. Chithra Suresh
- Chithra Suresh (2013), “Bank Management – Efficiency of Commercial Banks”, LEADER, The International Journal of Business Management, Volume 1 Issue 1.
- Chithra Suresh (2014), “Analysis of Efficiency of commercial banks”, LEADER, the International Journal of Business Management, Volume 1 Issue 2.
- Chithra Suresh (2014), “Comparative Performance Evaluation of Selected Commercial Banks in Kingdom of Bahrain using CAMELS method” SSRN
- Chithra Suresh (2014), “Trade Finance – Challenges and Opportunities” The Bahrain Banker, spring.
- Chithra Suresh and Dr.V.Anbumani (2014), Financial performance of SBI and its associates – A CAMEL Approach , LEADER, the International Journal of Business Management, Volume 1 Issue 2.
- Chithra Suresh, K Semmalai (2014), Measurement of Efficiency: Data Envelopment Analysis, LEADER, the International Journal of Business Management, Volume 2 Issue 2.
- Chithra Suresh, Savitha Raghavan (2015), Trade finance vulnerable to Money Laundering, Bahrain Banker, Summer edition.
- Said Mohammed V.H and Dr Chithra Suresh “Financial Soundness of Selected Private Commercial Banks in India: A CAMEL Analysis (2007-13)” International Journal of Business Management – ISSN 2348-2753, Volume-3, Issue-1, April-June 2015
- Chithra Suresh, Savitha Raghavan (2016), Beware of Money Laundering risks in Trade finance, Bahrain Banker, Winter edition
- Chithra Suresh, Savitha Raghavan (2016), Trade Financing Vulnerability to Money Laundering – Part 1 & 2, 2016 Annual Review of International Banking Law & Practice Inc & The George Mason Journal of International Commercial Law
- Dr Chithra Suresh, Mr. Mohamed Bardastani (2016), Financial Performance Of Selected Conventional And Islamic Banks In Kingdom Of Bahrain – A CAMEL Ranking Based Approach, European Journal of Contemporary Economics and Management, May 2016 Edition Vol.3 No.1 ISSN: 2411-443X
- SURESH, C., AL BASTAKI, F., MAKI, N., & AHMED, Z. (2019). The impact of asset size on Financial and Technical efficiency – An analysis of selected Gulf Cooperation Council* (GCC) banks. IJO- International Journal of Social Science and Humanities Research, 2(06), 01-30.
- Future of Trade Finance Operations – A Road Map for Trade Financing Operations Post COVID-19, Dr. Chithra Suresh, CITF; CDCS.
Dr. Ahmad Asad
- The Theory of Loan in the Jurisprudence perspective and its contemporary applications. Dar Annafaes, Jordan, Amman 2006.
- Measuring the Economic Performance of Islamic Banks in Palestine, Journal of Islam in Asia, 2008, International Islamic university, Malaysia.
- The role of Islamic Banking in Palestine Economy: Businessmen Perspective, 2012. The Journal of Islamic Finance and Business Research, Australia.
- Hoarding versus Circulation of Wealth from the Perspective of Maqasid Al-Shari’ah, 2014, International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, UK.
- Certificates of ownership (Sukuk) Of usufructs and, Services, 2014, European Journal of Scientific Research.
- Bitcoin and Shariah compliance, 2018.Islamic Finance news. IFN
- Blockcahin and Shariah compliance 2019, Islamic Finance news. IFN
- Presentation and Appraisal of Capital Market Products Based on the Principles of Necessity (Ḍarūrah), Need (Ḥājah) and Benefit (Maṣlaḥah) – Case study of RAITS in GCC. INTERNATIONAL SHARI’AH RESEARCH ACADEMY FOR ISLAMIC FINANCE (ISRA) 2020.
Dr. Abdelmoneim Metwally
- Mohamed Metwally, A., Wickramasinghe, D., and Kominis, G. (2014) “Constructing a Controllable Controller: The Case of an Egyptian Firm Meeting Risk Management Technologies”, Critical Perspective on Accounting Conference (CPA), Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto, Canada, 7th-9th July 2014
- Mohamed Metwally, A., Wickramasinghe, D., and Kominis, G. (2015) “Geopolitics of Risk-Based Management Control: An Institutional Logics Perspective”, Management Accounting Research Group Conference, Aston Business School, UK, 19th -20th November, 2015
- Mohamed Metwally, A. (2016) “Making sense of a story: illustrations from a case study of Enterprise Risk Management. NSBM Journal of Management, Vol.2 issue 2, pp.1-22
- Mohamed Metwally, A., Wickramasinghe, D., Gallhofer,S., and Kominis, G. (2016) “Risk Based Management Controls Encounters Geopolitics: Extending Institutional Logics”, 8th Asia-Pacific Interdisciplinary Research in Accounting Conference (APIRA), RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia, 13th – 15th July 2016
- Mohamed Metwally, A., Wickramasinghe, D., Gallhofer,S., and Kominis, G. (2016) “Risk Based Management Controls Meets Geopolitics: Extending Institutional Logics”, 39th Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association (EAA), Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands, 11th-13th May, 2016
- Mohamed Metwally, A., Wickramasinghe, D., Gallhofer,S, and Kominis, G. (2017) “Risk Based Management Controls Encounters Geopolitics: Extending Institutional Logics”, Critical Perspective on Accounting Conference (CPA), The Faculty of Business Administration of Laval University (FSA ULaval), Québec City, Canada, 3rd -5th July 2017
- Moustafa Abdelmotaleb, Abdelmoneim Bahy Eldin Mohamed Metwally, Sudhir K. Saha, (2018) “Exploring the impact of being perceived as a socially responsible organization on employee creativity”, Management Decision, Vol. 56 Issue: 11, pp.2325-2340
- Wickramasinghe, D., Mohamed Metwally, A., (2018) “Logics of clash of civilization: An Egyptian case of risk-based management controls”, 8th African Accounting and Finance Association (AAFA) Conference, Novotel, Dakar, Senegal, 4 -7 September 2018
- Diab, A., and Mohamed Metwally A. (2019), “Institutional ambidexterity and management control: The role of religious, communal and political institutions”, Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Vol. 16 No. 3, pp. 373-402
- Metwally A., and Mohamed M. (2019) “Qualitative/Quantitative Methodological Dilemma in Accounting Research: Whence and Whither?, Journal Of Accounting Insights, VOL 23, Issue 3, pp. 702-736
- Mohamed Metwally, A. B., Ali, H. A. A., Diab , A. A., & Hussainey, K. S. ( 2019). The hype of risk-based management control: A phronetic approach. Risk Governance and Control: Financial Markets & Institutions, Vol9 issue 2, pp.18-33
Dr. Abul Hasan
- ‘Sterilization and Monetary Control by the GCC Member Countries’, World Economy, 2013, pp.1566-1587 (ABS Rank 2 and ISI Rank), (with Hassan, M.K and Nakibullah, A)
- ‘Determinants of Credit Defaults Swaps Europe and Asian’, Journal of Derivatives and Hedge Funds, 2013, 19, 295-310 (with Hassan, M.K; Ngow, T.S and Yu, J, ISI listed Journal)
- ‘Financial Sector Reform and Economic Growth in Morocco: An Empirical Analysis’, Journal of Emerging Market Finance, 2014, 13 (1),69-102 (ABS Rank 2) (Yu, J and Hassan, M.K.)
- ‘The Challenges in Poverty Alleviation: Role of Islamic Microfinance and Social Capital,’ Humanomics, 2014, 30(1), 76-90 (Emerald Group)
- BOOK CHAPTER: Hassan, A and Mollah, S. ‘Market Microstructure in African Equity Markets’ in H.Kent Baker and Halil Kiymaz ( editors), Market Microstructures in Emerging and Developed Markets ( Kolb Series in Finance, Essential Perspectives), New Jersey: John Willey and Sons, 2014, pp 463-481
- Financial Inclusion of the Poor: From Microcredit to Islamic Micro-financial Services, Humanomics , 2015, 31(3), 354-357 (Emerald Group)
- BOOK CHAPTER: Hassan, A ‘Islamic Economics and its Future’ in Taha Egari (ed), Islamic Economics, Basic Concept, New Thinking and Future Direction, New Castel (UK): Cambridge Scholars Publishing 2015,pp 77-101
- Islamic Ethical Responsivities of Business and Sustainable Development, Humanomics , 2016, 32(1),80-94 (Emerald Group)
- BOOK REVIEW: 2.2016 A.A Hussain, Central Banking and Monetary Policy in Muslim Majority Countries, Cheltenham (UK): Edward Elgar Publishing Limited, 2015. Muslim World Book Review, 36 (2).
- Coskewness of Islamic Socially Responsible and Conventional Mutual Funds : An Asset Pricing Test, International Journal of Business and Society, 2017, 18(1), 23-44(with, J.S Rubeo, M.Kabir Hassan, B.Ozkan and Hesham Merdad)
- Islamic Microfinance Business Model in Bangladesh: Its Role in Alleviation Poverty and Socio-economics Wellbeing of Women”, Humanomics ,2017, 33(1),15-37 (Emerald Group)
- BOOK: Capitalism, Financial Crisis and Islamic Economics (2017), Publisher: LAMBERT EDUCATIONAL PUBLISHER
- Dynamic Lag Structure of Deposits and Loan Interest Rates, and Business Cycle Formation”, Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, 2017, 25(2), 114-132 (with B. Bidabad) (Emerald Group)
- BOOK REVIEW: 2017 Poverty and the Millennium A Critical Look Forward’. (Edited), London, UK Zed Books Ltd, 2016.Pp. 268+viii. ISBN 978-1-78360-618-4pb, MUSLIM WORLD BOOK REVIEW, 37(2),49-51
- Trade Versus Riba in the Quran with a critique of the role of Bank Saving, International Journal of Law and Management,2018, 60(2), 710-716 (Emerald Group) (with M.A.Chowdhury and A.A.B.Rahman)
- ‘Can Gold be used as a hedge against the risk of Shariah compliant securities?
Application for Islamic Portfolio Management’, 2018 ( ) 1-19 Journal of Asset Management (with A.I.Al-Maghaireh and B.Awaranti) (ABS Rank 2)
- BOOK: Islamic Finance-Ethical Underpinnings, Products and Institutions (forth-coming), Publisher: Palgrave-Macmillan (2018) (with Sabur Mollah)
- ‘Wavelet Based Test of Co-movement Between US Policy Uncertainity and Commodity Markets’ (with A.I.Al-Maghaireh), Applied Financial Letters (accepted)(ISI listed journal)
- TEXT BOOK: Islamic Economics: Theory and Practice
(Text Book, forth-coming)
(Taylor and Francis Group) with M.A.Choudhury (2019).