In line with the Institute’s strategy to infuse digital literacy and innovation into the very DNA of its training programmes, the Bahrain Institute of Banking & Finance (BIBF) has brought together a group of digitally-oriented members of the business community to create an Advisory Committee on Digital Transformation, chaired by BIBF’s Head of Digital Transformation, Operations & Project Management, Mr. Ahmed Naeemi.
The committee has a mandate to develop a nation-wide focus for digital transformation and innovation. The group will review the current digital transformation and IT training offerings at the BIBF, and make recommendations to the offered programmes in order to meet market demand and current requirements.
“The BIBF strives to become the Kingdom’s digital transformation hub for learners and business professionals with an innovative spirit. The committee will work closely together to help define a path towards this ambitious goal and strengthen Bahrain’s position as regional frontrunner in digital transformation, having long recognised the valuable contribution of technology to its economy in driving growth.” Mr. Ahmed Naeemi said.
Committee members include experts in the field of IT from different organisations to represent various sectors, in addition to the BIBF’s Digital Transformation Centre management team:
- Ahmed Naeemi, Chairman of Committee, Head of Digital Transformation, Operations & Project Management, Bahrain Institute of Banking & Finance (BIBF)
- Khalid Saad, CEO, Bahrain FinTech Bay (BFB)
- John Kilmartin, Executive Director (ICT), Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Dalal Buhejji, Senior Manager (Business Development – Financial Services), Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Ahmed Albalooshi, CIO, Al Baraka Banking Group (ABG)
- Jamal AlSabbagh, General Manager (Information Technology & Operations Group), BBK
- Nawaf Abdulrahman, Head of Information Technology, Mohamed bin Khalifa Cardiac Center
- Mahmood Aladraj, Senior Manager (Information Technology), Bahrain National Holding (BNH)
- Ali AlMutawa, Cyber Security Consultant and Trainer
- Ameen AlTajer, Managing Director, Infiniteware
- Aziza Salman, Head of Innovation & Startup Ecosystem (MENA), Unbound Global
- Mirza Asrar Baig, Founder & CEO, CTM360
- Maryam Majed, Manager (Digital Transformation & Project Management), Bahrain Institute of Banking & Finance (BIBF)
First meeting was conducted in February 2019. Key points discussed were the institute’s Digital Transformation Centre strategy for the period 2019 – 2021, in addition to its new offerings including a range of professional programmes in Technopreneurship and Digital Transformation.