BIBF announced that registrations were now open for their Advanced Certificate in Public Relations (PR) qualification, offered in association with the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), UK.
The programme is scheduled to start in February and offers a balance between academic training and practical application, with a focus on the modern business environment, current industry challenges and employer demand. With 70 classroom learning hours taught over a total of 10 days, the qualification is suitable for working professionals and is subsidised by Tamkeen for Bahraini nationals.
Every organisation, regardless of size, ultimately depends on its reputation for survival and success. Effective PR can help manage reputations by communicating and building good relationships with all the organisation’s stakeholders. CIPR membership numbers have more than doubled in the last 10 years with 45% of CIPR members working in a PR consultancy and the remaining 55% working in-house. Fortune magazine has ranked PR as no. 8 on its list of best potential jobs.
Those interested in pursuing a career in PR, as well as junior-level PR, media relations, internal communications and public affairs executives will benefit from the Advanced Certificate. The qualification provides a basic knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of PR.
“Whatever stage you are at in your PR career, CIPR qualifications will equip you with the skills to work smarter and achieve your goals for your organisation. BIBF is honoured to be the only accredited CIPR study centre in Bahrain. We will continue to work closely with the awarding body in order to fulfil our mandate of providing a career-linked, comprehensive range of professional development programmes that have a life-long professional impact”, said BIBF Director Solveig Nicklos.