The Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) and The Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance (BIBF) are announcing the speakers’ line-up for the third joint IFSB-BIBF Islamic Finance Executive Programme (IFEP) series, which will be held on 17 and 18 October 2018 in Manama, Bahrain.
Among confirmed speakers who will facilitate this third IFEP are:
- Ashar Nazim, Chief Executive, Waqfe, Bahrain
- Shiraz Ali, Chief Executive Officer, FinTech Business – Arab Financial Services, Bahrain
- Asim Khan, Chief Executive Officer, Khalij Islamic, United Kingdom
- Ahmed Al Balooshi, Senior Vice President / Head of IT, Al Baraka Banking Group, Bahrain
- Yasmeen Al Sharaf, Head of FinTech, Central Bank of Bahrain
- Sheikh Esam Mohamed Ishaq, Sharīʻah Scholar, Bahrain
The third edition IFSB-BIBF Islamic Finance Executive Programme with the theme “Fintech, Regtech and Islamic Finance” will focus on the role of FinTech in the Islamic finance industry, the threats and regulatory challenges that FinTech impose on the industry.
Sessions’ discourses which will be expounded during the two-day IFEP are:
- Digital Products and Islamic Finance
- Application of Blockchain in Islamic Finance
- Moderated Session: Regulatory and Legal Framework for Fintech
- Fintech and Risk Management
- Cybersecurity Threats and Protection of Financial Assets and Consumer Protection in Fintech
- Panel Discussion on Digitisation of the insurance industry and learnings for the Takāful industry
The IFEP is ideal for regulators and supervisors of the FinTech sector and of Islamic financial institutions (IFIs); Chief Executive Officers and Board Members of IFIs, regulators and supervisors of the Islamic capital market, regulating P2P exchanges and crowdfunding platforms; senior managers in risk management, Sharīʻah governance and compliance functions; middle management of IFIs involved in product development, technology banking, and corporate strategy; auditors, lawyers, academicians and researchers in the FinTech sector and Islamic Finance.
For further information of IFEP and its fees, visit www.ifsb.org or www.bibf.com or contact Mrs. Ida Shafinaz Ab. Malek at firstname.lastname@example.org and Mr. Alfatih Gessan Aryasantana at email@example.com for enquiries.