Financial Advice Programme (FAP) – Level 2
The Financial Advice Programme (FAP) – II is a sequel to Financial Advice Programme (FAP) – I which was developed as a new qualification by BIBF in collaboration with the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) to offer advanced level training to financial advisors and aspirants, based on the requirements set out in the CBB Rulebook.
FAP – II is for professionals who have completed FAP – I and have a minimum of three year’s experience in the financial services sector. FAP – II is a mandatory qualification endorsed by the CBB. Part I covers macroeconomics, valuation techniques, and risk and portfolio allocation.
Part II covers insurance products, estate planning, taxation, regulations in Bahrain regarding investment advice, ethics for financial advisors, etc. The course manual is substantiated with relevant examples and case studies to help the participants. FAP – II is a blend of different topics including Bahrain’s financial sector, organization requirements and local regulations.
|5 days||Part I Units:|
FAP201, FAP202 and FAP203
2-hour examination consisting of 25 multiple choice questions and case study on all topics in Part 1
|5 days||Part II Units:|
FAP204, FAP205 and FAP206
2-hour examination consisting of 25 multiple choice questions and case study on all topics in Part 2
Full tuition of
BHD 650/- Exclusive of VAT
(To be paid in full before the commencement of the programme)
Who is it for?
- Those who are in the profession of financial advice and possess a minimum of three years of work experience
- Those who are seeking advanced-level training in the area of financial advisory
Why FAP II?
- Provides participants with the knowledge and skills required for a financial advisor to construct client portfolios
- Enables participants to boost their qualifications in the job market
- Is administered in two parts, each lasting 5 days and assessed with a two-hour examination at the end of each part
- Participants will have access to a programme tutor for guidance
- Successful candidates will be awarded the Financial Advice Certification level II
What are the Entry Requirements?
Professional Award in Financial Advice Programme is divided and offered in two levels and each level comprises two modules. The entry requirements for the programme is as below:
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field from a recognized university If the mode of instruction of the candidates’ bachelors not in English then they need to satisfy their Proficiency in English Language at least equivalent to BIBF’s Business English Program (BEP) Level 4
Practitioners need to have completed FAP Level I or have at least three or more years of experience in the field of financial services to join FAP Level II.