Financial Advice Programme (FAP) – Level 1
Under the patronage of H.E. Mr. Rasheed Al Maraj, Governor of the Central Bank of Bahrain, the Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance (BIBF) is offering this qualification for entry level financial advisers and aspirants, based on the requirements set out in the CBB Rulebook.
Financial Advice Programme (FAP) is a mandatory qualification endorsed by the CBB for all entry level professionals in the area of financial advice or those who are aspiring to become financial advising professionals in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Successful participants will be equipped with the basic knowledge and skills required of a financial adviser entering the profession.
FAP provides essential knowledge in the fundamentals of investment products, client-adviser relations, adviser responsibilities, ethics, applicable laws and regulations, and elements of conventional and Islamic banking. This programme, the first of its kind in the MENA region, is designed to include local and international regulations, cases and examples.
|5 days||Module 1:|
Financial Services Environment and Regulation6
2-hour examination consisting of 60 multiple choice questions on all topics in Module 1
|5 days||Module 2:|
Banking and Investment Firms
2-hour examination consisting of 60 multiple choice questions on all topics in Module 2
Full tuition of
BHD 500/- Exclusive of VAT
(To be paid in full before the commencement of the programme)
Who is it for?
- Those who have recently entered the profession of financial advising (three or less years of relevant work experience)
- Those who are aspiring to enter the profession of financial advising
Why FAP I?
- Provides participants with the basic knowledge and skills required of a financial adviser entering the profession
- Enables participants to boost their qualifications in the job market
- Is administered in two modules, each lasting 5 days and assessed with a two-hour examination
- Participants will have access to a programme tutor for guidance
- Successful candidates will be awarded the Financial Advice Certification
What are the Entry Requirements?
- A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
- Successful completion of BIBF Course 100 Elements of Banking or relevant work experience.
Note: Applicants whose Bachelor’s degree is in a business discipline, and do not have relevant work experience, are exempted from completing the above mentioned course.
- Proficiency in English Language at least equivalent to BIBF’s Business English Program (BEP) Level 4.
Those meeting the minimum entry requirements will be eligible for the programme, but a final offer of admission is at the discretion of the Programme Admissions Team.