Association of Charted Certified Accountants – ACCA (UK)
ACCA Examination Information
- A seven year time limit is imposed at the Professional Level. However, there are no time limits for passing the Foundation Level exams.
- The pass mark is 50% for all ACCA exams
- A maximum number of papers to be passed in a year is eight.
- There are four examination cycles per year
- 1 January – 31 March
- 1 April – 31 June
- 1 July – 30 September
- 1 August – 31 December
- Students must attempt the modules in order, however, they can attempt the papers in any order, within each module
- Computer Based Exams (CBEs) are available for papers F1 to F9 of the Fundamentals level.
- BIBF is an approved ACCA Computer Based Exam Centre. for F1 to F4
- Paper Based Exams (PBEs) are available for Essentials and Options
- Papers of the Professional level.
The following are the exam registration deadlines:
|Mar||14 Nov||30 Jan||6 Feb|
|Jun||13 Feb||1 May||8 May|
|Sep||15 May||31 July||7 Aug|
|Dec||14 Aug||30 Oct||9 Oct|
* Please re-confirm the date through the ACCA website.
To qualify as an ACCA member, students will need to complete:
- Exams – 13 exams
- Ethics – the Professional Ethics module
- Experience – record 36 months experience in a relevant role
Practical Experience Requirements (PER)
To qualify as an ACCA member, students must complete ACCA’s practical experience requirements (PER).
It is important for students to know the practical application of the knowledge they have gained during the course of their studies.
ACCA students, are therefore required to complete three years’ practical experience before they can become ACCA members.
This experience, alongside the exams and ethical awareness, will mean students are fully prepared for a challenging career as a professional accountant.
To begin achieving the PER, students must:
- Complete 36 months’ employment in an accounting or finance- related role (s)
- Find a workplace mentor
- Achieve 13 performance objectives (including 9 essentials and 4 options)
- Record their progress using the online My Experience record
Please refer to the PER portal at: http://www.accaglobal.com/middle-east/en/employer/supporting-trainees/per.html
BIBF offers a comprehensive study programme and student support for the ACCA Qualification.
BIBF Application Fee (first time applicants only) : BD 25
ACCA exam preparatory course*
Knowledge level : BD 200 per paper
Skills level : BD 225 per paper
Professional level : BD 260 per paper
ACCA Intensive Revision (Master Classes)**
Fundamental level : BD125 Per Paper
Professional level : BD150 Per Paper
OBU Mentoring : BD250 Per Paper
*The fee is inclusive of tuition and study materials only. Initial registration, subscription and paper based exam fees are payable to ACCA (UK) separately.
** The fee is Inclusive of tuition and class notes only.
Note: The applicant must register online as an ACCA student member prior to registering with the BIBF.
For further info, please visit: www.accaglobal.com