This course covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on the AWS platform. Participants learn how to optimize the AWS Cloud by understanding how AWS services fit into cloud-based solutions. In addition, participants explore AWS Cloud best practices and design patterns for architecting optimal IT solutions on AWS, and build a variety of infrastructures in guided, hands-on activities. The course also covers how to create fledgling architectures and build them into robust and adaptive solutions.
At a Glance
In this course, you will learn to:
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices.
- Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available.
- Leverage AWS Managed Services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure.
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient to increase performance and reduce costs.
- Use the Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions.
This course is intended for:
- Solutions Architects
- Solution Design Engineers
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials
- Working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
This course will be delivered through a mix of:
- Virtual Training
- Hands-on Labs
This course allows you to test new skills and apply knowledge to your working environment through a variety of practical exercises.
- Core AWS Knowledge
- Core AWS Services
- Designing Your Environment
- Making Your Environment Highly Available
- Forklifting an Existing Application onto AWS
- Event-Driven Scaling
- Build a new environment
- The Well-Architected Framework
- Troubleshooting Your Environment
- Large-Scale Design Patterns and Case Studies