Agile Certified Practitioner – (PMI-ACP)®
Agile Certified Professionals (PMI-ACP)®
If you’re experienced using agile approaches, have good collaboration skills, eagerly embrace complexity and thrive on rapid response times, then your talents are in demand. The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® formally recognizes your knowledge of agile principles and your skill with agile techniques. It will make you shine even brighter to your employers, stakeholders and peers.
The PMI-ACP® is our fastest growing certification, and it’s no wonder. Organizations that are highly agile and responsive to market dynamics complete more of their projects successfully than their slower-moving counterparts — 75 percent versus 56 percent — as shown in our 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report.
The PMI-ACP® spans many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD.) So it will increase your versatility, wherever your projects may take you.
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on teams. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies. This requirement is in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience.
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices.
PMI-ACP® Examination Information
- Computer-based testing (CBT) is the standard method of assessment for PMI examinations. PMP® examinations can be sat in Bahrain at registered Prometric centres.
- The PMI-ACP® examination comprises of 120 multiple-choice questions.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- The exam eligibility period is one year from the date of application approval. Students may attempt the examination three times within this period.
- If a student fails to pass all three exam attempts during the eligibility period, he/she must wait one year from the last date of examination in order to reapply for the credential.
BIBF offers a comprehensive 21 hours exam preparatory course delivered by PMI qualified instructors. The course covers a full review of six agile domains.
Please refer below for fee details:
BIBF Application Fee: BD 25
PMI-ACP® exam preparatory course*: BD 575
*The fee is inclusive of tuition and study materials only.
For further details and request, please contact:
Ms. Zainab Hadi
Tel: +973 1781 5548
Fax: +973 1772 9928
Ms. Maryam Majed
Tel: +973 1781 5525
The Project Management Institute (PMI)® is the world’s largest not-for-profit membership association for the project management profession. PMI® professional resources and research empower more than 700,000 members, credential holders and volunteers in nearly every country in the world to enhance their careers, improve their organisations’ success and further mature the profession.
PMI®’s worldwide advocacy for project management is reinforced by PMI®’s globally recognised standards and certification programmes, extensive academic and market research programmes, chapters and communities of practice, and professional development opportunities.
* PMI, CAPM, PMP, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP, ACP are Registered Marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
* PMBOK is a Registered Mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.