Senior Manager of IT & Operations
Shaker AlOwainati joined BIBF in 2015. He has more than 20 years of experience in IT and Operations Management with a solid record of success in managing many projects in this field.
Shaker worked as an IT manager for more than 8 years in Ibdar Bank as he led the systems migration of the three merged banks (CAPIVEST, Elaf Bank and Capital Management House – CMH) into one core banking system. Shaker has also worked for other organizations such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Education and Batelco.
Shaker participated as volunteer coach in Youth City 2030. In addition, he participated as an instructor in King Hamad Future School Project of Ministry of Education of Kingdom of Bahrain to allow the education sector to meet the Bahrain Economic Vision 2030.
His specializes in the areas of IT and Operations Management, Project Management, Operations maintenance, Planning and best practices execution, Systems management, Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Planning and implementation, Virtualization, Security and vulnerability Analysis, Data Integrity, Data Recovery, Vendor Management, Health and Safety Management, Administration and Facility Management.
- Master Business Administration – MBA with Distinction, Strathclyde University, UK
- B.Sc. of Science in Computer Science, University of Bahrain
Professional Qualifications / Affiliations
- Leading Financial Services In A Rapidly Changing World, Harvard Business School Executive Education
- PRINCE2 Project Management Certification
- Certified Ethical Hacker – CEH, EC Council
- Various Microsoft and IT professional Certifications
- The World CIO 200 Legend Award
- Issuing authority: Global CIO Forum
- Issued date: Nov 2020
- Credential ID: 25709177
- Catalyst Award 2020
- Issuing authority: GEC MEDIA GROUP
- Issued date: Sep 2020
- Credential ID: 23256063