The Advanced Diploma in Islamic Commercial Jurisprudence (ADICJ)
Benefits of taking the ADICJ
- Provide a professional qualification ideal for Islamic finance or Shariah graduates who want to initiate a career in the Islamic banking sector and more specifically, in the area of Shariah supervision and compliance
- Enhance career opportunities for individuals who are already in the Islamic banking sector but require a professional qualification in the area of Shariah supervision and compliance
- A well-reputed Islamic finance qualification in the region at the level of a post graduate diploma specialising in Islamic commercial jurisprudence that puts the perfect balance of both theoretical and practical knowledge
- Develop in students the ability to apply the knowledge and skills they have acquired to the solution of practical problems related to Shariah compliance and review
Structure of the ADICJ
The ADICJ consist of the following modules, which will be concluded through an examination on each subject:
- Module 1 : The theory of contracts and its legal maxims
- Module 2 : Objectives of Shariah and jurisprudential law
- Module 3 : Islamic financial transactions
- Module 4 : Fiqh of Zakat and Waqf
- Module 5 : Fiqh of Takaful
- Module 6 : Shariah Auditing
- Module 7 : Research methodology
- Module 8 : Principles of Fatwa and applied jurisprudence
The classes of each module will be delivered through lectures, discussions, and case studies. 30 hours are allocated for each module, divided into 10 class meetings of 5 hours a day. The classes will be held in 6 consecutive days; followed by a final exam after a 3 week self study period. Class timings will be in the evening.
After the last session students will be sit a 3-hour final exam, making up 60% of the overall assessment for each module in addition to 20% awarded for a final project and 20% for assignments and in-class exercises.
- Bachelors in Shariah or any related degree or relevant work experience.
Cost of the Programme
BD 2,400 for all 8 modules, covering tuition, study material, and the core book for each module.