Dr. Majedh Alasiry is a Lecturer in Accounting, Banking and Finance at Bangor University (Bahrain).
Maj's research interests on financial reporting performance in emerging economy, Forward Looking Disclosure (FLD) in annual reports and accounting practice and corporate governance.
- 2017-present Module leader of many Accounting and Finance modules.
- 2019-present Lecturer in Accounting, Banking and Finance (Visiting Professor BIBF)
- 2018-2019 lecturer in Accounting and Finance (Master Degree) at University of Southampton, UK
- 2017-2019 Lecturer in Accounting and finance (Bachelor Degree) at University of Winchester, UK
- 2016 Monitor of MSc Students, University of Southampton, UK
- Assistant Lecturer, Department of Accounting, University of Taif, Business School, Saudi Arabia.
- PhD Accounting and Finance, University of Southampton, UK
- MSc Accounting and Finance, University of Southampton, UK
- BSc(Acc.), King Abdul-Aziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Dr Majedh joined Bangor Business School in 2019, as a Lecturer in Accounting, Banking and Finance.
Prior to joining Bangor Business School, she had previously worked at the University of Winchester as a Lecturer in Accounting and Finance between 2017-2019 where she has taught across a wide variety of Accounting and Finance modules for undergraduate students. Also, she has been employed at Southampton Business School (University of Southampton) between 2018-2019 as she delivered a substantial portion of Masters module in International Accounting & Taxation. In 2018-2019 summer semester, she supervised a number of Masters’ students in their work and marking dissertations.
Courses Taught and Dissertation/Thesis Supervision
- Supervisor of master degree dissertation - University of Southampton
- Master degree teaching - University of Southampton
- International Accounting and Taxation (Master degree- Accounting and Finance program)
- Undergraduate teaching - University of Winchester
- Programme Focused Assessment - Model leader
- Advanced Financial reporting - Model leader
- Financial Accounting - Model leader
- Management accounting and financial management
- Personal and business taxation
- Introduction to Academic and professional studies
- Undergraduate Teaching - University of Taif, Saudi Arabia: (in Arabic and English languages)
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Management Accounting Theory
- Taxation and Theory
- Intermediate Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Business Research Method