Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
To be eligible for the CAPM® credential, applicants must meet either of the following requirements:
• Secondary diploma (high school diploma or global equivalent)• 1500 hours of professional experience on a project team
• 1500 hours of professional experience on a project team
• Secondary diploma (high school diploma or global equivalent)
• 23 contact hours of formal education (BIBF’s training course on CAPM® will satisfy this requirement)
CAPM® Examination Information
• Computer-based testing (CBT) is the standard method of assessment for PMI® examinations. CAPM® examinations can be sat in Bahrain at registered Prometric centres
• The CAPM® examination comprises of 150 multiple-choice questions, 15 of which are pretest (un scored) and 135 are scored questions.
• The total duration of the exam is 3 hours
• The exam eligibility period is one year from the date of application approval. Students may attempt the examination three times within this period
• If a student fails to pass all three exam attempts during the eligibility period, he/she must wait one year from the last date of examination in order to re-apply for the credential
Once the CAPM® credential is attained, the credential holder is certified for a period of five years. Before the end of the five-year certification cycle, the credential holder can either pursue recertification (resit the CAPM® exam), or if eligible, apply for any of the other PMI® credentials.
BIBF offers a comprehensive 23 hours exam preparatory course on CAPM®, delivered by qualified PMP® instructors. The course covers full review of the ten knowledge areas. It also includes the latest edition of (A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge) PMBOK® Guide, one paper based mock exam consisting of 150 questions, exam tips, Q&A sessions and eLearning support.
A participation certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course.
Please refer below for fee details:
BIBF Application Fee: BD 25
CAPM® exam preparatory course*: BD 375
*The fee is inclusive of tuition and study materials only. Registration and exam fees are payable to Project Management Institute (PMI)® separately
Ready to begin
If you wish to pursue the CAPM® preparatory course at BIBF, please complete and submit the CAPM® registration form to:
Bahrain Institute of Banking & Finance (BIBF)
PO Box 20525
Kingdom of Bahrain
Tel: +973 1781 5555 / 1781 5581 / 1781 5579
Fax: +973 1772 9928 / 1791 6420
Note: The applicant may register online as a PMI® member prior to registering with the BIBF. PMI® members enjoy many benefits including career assistance with flexible and varied professional development offerings and resources, networking opportunities allowing easy connection with peers and sharing of ideas, through local PMI® chapter events or virtual communities of practice, exclusive discounts and programs that help smooth the road to success and informative and insightful membership publications to help you keep up and stay abreast of the latest trends.
The Project Management Institute (PMI)® is the world’s largest not-for-profit membership association for the project management profession. PMI® professional resources and research empower more than 700,000 members, credential holders and volunteers in nearly every country in the world to enhance their careers, improve their organisations’ success and further mature the profession.
PMI®’s worldwide advocacy for project management is reinforced by PMI®’s globally recognised standards and certification programmes, extensive academic and market research programmes, chapters and communities of practice, and professional development opportunities.
* PMI, CAPM, PMP, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP, ACP are Registered Marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
* PMBOK is a Registered Mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.